7/04/2010

Today's Very Brief Work

We got a brief amount of work in today, then we got rain delayed. Which in the end turned out to be a good thing but more on that later.

Here we have the pulling up of the not so old but horrible white carpet with it's carpet pad.
It literally took 5 minutes to rip them both up.

Then it was on to this:

Then this:
These are small pieces of carpet pad held into the floor by staples. Half of which are pretty silver colored ones, the other half are rusty not so pretty colored ones. There are, I am guessing about, 200 of them to pull up. Not complaining, but I am sporting a few blister on my right fingers, already.



Then there was the carpet in all the cabinets to get out. Luckily that was easy, lacking padding, tack strips and staples.


Unfortunately, but not unexpectedly, we found this after pulling up the carpet.

Same spot, different view.

That is the reason the rain delay was lucky. It started raining while my man was cleaning up. He is pretty sure he found the problem. The leak has been there for some time. Parts of the wood are so soggy that it's about like mud. We are going to dismantle both the beds at some time in the near future to check the floor underneath them as well. The bathroom sub floor has been sealed with something. We can't see any other damage for now, but we wouldn't be surprised if/when we find more. She is just one year shy of her 40th birthday. My husband has used the rain delay into research time. Click Here for what he's found, so far.

She has a bit of a smell. Some of which is from the carpet, some from the fabric, and some I'm sure just is. We opened the windows prior to the carpet removal (air conditioner doesn't work) for some breeze. Already the smell is getting better. I plan on some serious cleaning just as soon as I can. I've got to figure out exactly what I am going to use on her. I don't want to damage her. So now it's time for me to go do some research of my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar