8/04/2010

Gaucho Coucho 3.0

I have made several mess ups on the last couch.  Some were fixed, some were left, some were obvious, some are not.  However, I made a pretty big one yesterday.  I got the fabric 2 inches too short.  This is what frequently happens if you try to do too many things at once and cut fabric.  I fixed the problem by cutting 2 strips of fabric 2 inches thick then I sewed a strip to either end to get the proper length.

The hope is that it will look intentional.

The above section was typed in a hopeful mood early this morning.  The following was NOT typed in a remotely hopeful mood and very late in the evening.

I had hoped to place a nice pictorial on how to do this couch.  However, I've been in gaucho coucho HELL!  Somehow, it got really messed up and we, yes we, are in the process of ripping out over 73 inches of stitches for what feels like the thousandth time.   This particular cover has turned into a very, very unhealthy vendetta for me.  Honestly, if it didn't mean starting completely over with rotary cutting I'd torch it... just to show it whose boss!  Childish I know, but it would be satisfying... until I had to get new fabric, dye it again, cut it again (it takes almost a full day to measure and cut out a full set).  I'm just not sure I have it in me... for a long time.  Let's not even get started on the curved bolster... I'm in denial. I like denial.

The most frustrating part is that I have two days to finish it and clean up the unholy mess it has made of my house.  You know.. it's just time for bed.  That's it... sleep will heal the days wounds.. if that doesn't work then tomorrow alcohol will ......

PS.  I am pretty sure I have now ripped out an entire spool worth of stitches...............
PSS.  I am pretty sure my husband never, ever, ever wants me to do this kind of sewing again.....
PSSS.  I am pretty sure I don't ever, ever, ever want to do this kind of sewing again......
PSSSS.  I know the dogs don't want me to ever, ever, ever do this kind of sewing again...
PSSSSS.  Thank goodness the Kids weren't here to hear the tantrum of creative language expression that took place this afternoon......
PSSSSSS.  Goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar