9/11/2010

The Mystery of The Broken Furnace

Yes, indeed we may have solved the mystery of the broken furnace.  As to wether or not we (being Shawn) can get it working again... well, I haven't seen him for more than 15 minutes in the last 5 hours... so the jury is still out on that one.  However, I have digressed (really love that word.. digress), this might give you a slight clue as to the problem with the furnace:

I know it looks like rocks but it's actually a dirt dauber's nest.  Although you can't see it in the next picture, I assure you that it is in this area too.

Apparently, there was not a screen placed over the exhaust hole for the furnace.  Thus, just like the stove vent, dirt daubers had moved in.  Luckily for my husband, they had moved out some time ago...

2 comments:

Hopefully it is repairable. Ours just died- the motor is a goner. We are looking into our options.

A & E

Sorry... I didn't update. I got lost in a book. Better go put that post up!

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar