4/09/2012

New Rubber :)

So, in an effort to try and get all of our ducks in a row before our manic towathon to Boston, I went down to the dealership for my scheduled maintenance, and we needed new front brakes and new tires.

You know, not that surprising, since we've put a little over 25k miles on this equipment. After waiting for the brake work to be completed, I thumbed through various forums in what to get...since we have an F150 our OEM tires were p metric tires, and I've always noticed a bit of swatting on the rear tires when towing as well as side-wall movement from these tires.

So, after driving all over northern Louisiana looking for LT tires in my size, I finally found Michelin LTX M/S 2 E range....much much stiffer and firmer on the road.

2 comments:

I have the same model of tire on the Excursion (load range E though). I have been very very happy with them and gained about 1/2 a MPG, too.

Awesome to know...these are exactly the same (load range e as well)...I need to get the speedo reprogrammed as they are slightly larger than the old ones.

Post a Comment

Delete this element to display blogger navbar